Monday, July 11, 2011

Jillian's Nursery

I officially have less than a month to go and I am ready! I don't think Jillian has very much room to move around in there anymore! I thought I would post some pictures of her nursery today.

The room is baby blue and white.  We didn't really want to paint since we rent and would just have to paint it back and since painting Jackson's room last year turned out to be such a headache.  So I had an idea in my head of the kind of bedding that I wanted that would incorporate the blue (i.e. not look TOO out of place) but would still be girly. I never found anything that really fit with my idea, so I just made some! 


I found this awesome fabric at Hobby Lobby one day and just went ahead and bought several yards. I ended up making the bumper pads and then just buying a dark pink sheet.  It looks kind of bare without the crib skirt but honestly I am probably not going to bother with one. 

My aunt & Nanny bought me this beautiful dresser & changing table combo. Our old changing table just wouldn't work- the movers broke it when we moved.  I painted the drawer pulls and found this dark pink minky changing pad cover on Etsy for pretty cheap.  


I used the rest of the paisley fabric to cover an old bulletin board we had to make a bow holder/memory board.  I think it turned out really cute! And it's pretty big- I have seen people selling bow holders this size for $35+ but I made this with things that were already around my house for almost nothing. 

The walls in this room were full of nail holes (from the owners or previous renters, not us!) and I wanted those covered up.  I really like the love & nature set from Target ( I wish they had made baby bedding but they only had toddler stuff) so I got these really cute wall decals from that collection.  It made a really big difference in the look of the room without spending much. 

We also have a tan recliner in there (courtesy of my Nanny) and some decorative pillows recovered with pink fabric.  The only "big" thing we have left to do is to put up a curtain rod and some curtains. 

I am so excited to have a little girl!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Cassie--it looks great! You are so talented! Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl. :)

Brandi said...

How fun! I love the bedding and bow holder! They are so fast and easy to make! :)

Can't wait to meet her! :)

Emma said...

I love it!! So cute and girly!

Well done :)

Mighty M said...

LOVE the owls! Super cute!!

Kathy S said...

Beautiful!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I love paisley and I love owls, so this is super-cute to me! I need you to come decorate my bedroom. =)

Michaela (aka Mama Michie) said...

Love the fabric you picked out. The room looks so cute!

Jenny said...

It looks great! Don't you just love girl stuff?!

♥Caroline♥ said...

you are one crafty lady...very nice!